This Residency opportunity is the result of a new partnership between TPWM and The National Trust. A fee of £5,000 is being offered to an artist to undertake a residency at Dudmaston Hall. To be eligible to apply artists must be living in the West Midlands.
The National Trust is offering an exciting opportunity which will raise the profile of the arts and creativity in Shropshire by enabling an artist/s to develop their practice in response to the little-known, yet inspiring, collection at Dudmaston.
The Residency offers:
- A period of research to develop ideas and new work
- A chance to explore and work with a high quality collection in a unique setting
- A new and untried space to work in – a genuinely fresh opportunity
- A broad range of themes to be inspired by: there are works both in the Hall and the gardens
- A chance to be linked with the history of artistic patronage at Dudmaston
- An opportunity to work with a high profile national organisation
- The opportunity to be associated with the national Trust New Art initiatives
The project will take place from November 2012 – October 2013
The artist is required to commit to a minimum of 40 days over this period.
Artists living and working within the West Midlands region i.e. Staffordshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire and West Midlands conurbation.
Deadline for applications 5pm on 12 October 2012
For further information about Dudmaston and its collections go to: