The Artist and Gallery Agreement / Pricing and Selling Your Work / What happens at Art Fairs?
Thursday 9 October 2014, 6-7.30pm. Lecture room, The School of Art, BIAD, Birmingham City University.
- What should an artist expect from a gallery?
- What does a gallery expect from an artist?
- What does a Gallery/Artist Agreement include and why is a written Agreement important?
- What do visual artists need to consider in pricing and selling their work?
- What happens at an Art Fair?
Nicholas is also a Director of The Multiple Store. The Multiple Store specialises in commissioning limited editions by contemporary British artists and has a regular presence at major art fairs.
Nicola Shipley, Co-Director of GRAIN at the Library of Birmingham, will share her experience of UNSEEN 2014 Photo Fair, Amsterdam.
Wendy Law, Director of TPWM and formerly Collections and Sales Development Manager for the Scottish Arts Council will talk about pricing and selling work.
A contract checklist provided by Nicholas Sharp can be found here.
Turning Point West Midlands Business Suite is a new strand of TPWM's Artist Development programme designed to provide essential business advice for artists and arts organisations committed to good professional practice.
Turning Point West Midlands is supported by Arts Council England and Birmingham City University.