We are seeing an ever increasing amount of artist editions for sale, prints, multiples, film, and even companies selling editioned digital works by high profile artists, not for walls but our online devices. We will debate the cultural and market position today of the`fine-art' print. Come along and be part of the debate, and hear from our special guests:
- Why are artist editions on the increase?
- What the benefits can be for the artist who editions work, and the gallery
- Working with a gallery on an edition
- How is a`fine art' editioned print different from any other limited edition (digital) print?
- How are decisions made on the size of an edition?
- How are editions priced, promoted and sold?
- What more can the region do to promote artists and editioned work?
There will be an opportunity for questions and for artists to share their own thoughts and experiences.
Deborah Kermode, Deputy Director, Ikon Gallery
Ailsa McWilliam, Artist and Print Demonstrator, Coventry University.
Justin Sanders, Technical Demonstrator in Printmaking, Birmingham School of Art
The discussion will be chaired by Wendy Law, Director of Turning Point West Midlands.